Cheshire Wedding Photographer
My background as an editorial photographer allows me to capture moments during your wedding that you may not see during your day. Over the years I have covered weddings for friends and family and have always worked in a documentary style. For over 20 years, from leaving college in 1997, I worked as a press photographer, in an industry where it was my job to capture moments, so that’s exactly how I photograph weddings.
One of the greatest things about photographing a couples wedding is that you get to meet so many different people and help to capture historical moments in their family history. I am passionate about creating memorable images from your wedding day and photographing the moments that you will treasure for many years to come. I also want you to be relaxed when having your wedding photographs done, so I try and build relationships with my couples over the months leading up to your wedding day.
If you would like more information or would like to arrange a meeting, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
My career as a photographer
I became a professional photographer in 1997 when I left my college documentary photography course and took up a position with Stoke-on-Trent based press agency, Smith Davis Press. After 2 years of covering various PR, news and sports events I moved to Stockport to begin a freelance career. This began with shifts for the Manchester Evening News, pictures getting published in National newspapers, PR work in and around the North West, sports shifts for The Press Association and latterly, 18months working for the Associated Press as a regular ‘stringer’. I was awarded the BT Society of Editors Newcomer of the Year in 2001 and was shortlisted for News Photographer of the Year on the 2014 UK Picture Editors’ Awards.
On February 28th 2014, it was announced that I have been shortlisted for the 2013 Press Awards Photographer of the Year. http://www.pressawards.org.uk/page-view.php?pagename=Photographer-oty-13
In 2007 the job I had craved came my way and I joined the Press Association as a regionally based staff photographer. In 6 and a half years I covered some memorable news and sporting events –
- The Royal wedding – where I was positioned in the organ loft of Westminster Abbey just meters from the alter
- Queens Jubilee celebrations – River pageant and backstage as The Queen met performers
- The visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Scotland
- The Olympic games in London
- World Championship athletics in Daegu, South Korea and Moscow, Russia.
- Ricky Hatton World title boxing in Las Vegas
- Boxing World title fights in Manchester featuring Ricky Hatton, Carl Froch and David Haye
- Wimbledon tennis tournament
- The funeral of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher at St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Conservative, Labour and Liberal Democrat party conferences
- Countless Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup football matches and International matches in the UK and abroad
- PR work for Everton FC
- Grand National horse racing
- UEFA Cup finals
- Six Nations rugby.
I left PA in 2014 and began working again on a freelance basis. It has been during this time that I have moved more towards photographing weddings in Cheshire and the North of England.